The Following is a list of what is considered official Canon and the timeline considering the expanded universe.
This is information given by the movie and television series that is considered official and therefore, part of the official canon and thus being the main continuity, anything else is a part of expanded universe and is not canon unless stated so by the proper sources. Some elements presented in the films (such as in-universe claims that the cabin is located in Tennessee, Ash's arrival in the middle ages in Evil Dead II, and parts of the recap sequences from Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness) have been removed from canon with the release of Ash vs Evil Dead. Specific "non-canon" events will be mentioned with the corresponding film.
- The Evil Dead
- Ash statement that the cabin was located in Tennessee was deemed non-canon by Ash vs Evil Dead.
- Scotty's statement that the cabin was a rental was deemed non-canon by Evil Dead II and Ash vs Evil Dead.
- Evil Dead II
- The sign on the side of Jake's truck once again claims that the film took place in Tennessee. Once again, this claim was removed from canon by Ash vs Evil Dead.
- The opening recap depicting Ash and Linda as the only visitors to the cabin was clarified to be non-canon with Ash vs Evil Dead directly stating that Ash and his four friends all making the trip. (however a line in Season 2, where Ash first looks for Necronomicon on the desk, but wonders if he actually found it in the basement, might be a reference to location of the book in both Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness flashbacks which only show him studying the book at the desk vs. its actual location in Evil Dead)
- The closing sequence with Ash being worshipped by the knights and shooting the winged Deadite were removed from canon by Army of Darkness.
- Army of Darkness (Director's Cut/Deleted Scenes & "S-Mart" Ending)
- The opening recap sequence once again depicting Ash and Linda as the only visitors to the cabin were deemed non-canon by Ash vs Evil Dead. The only part of this recap remaining canon is the flashback showing Ash and Linda working at S-Mart prior to going to the cabin.
- The "Apocalypse" ending released in the "International Theatrical Release" version was shown to be non-canon by Ash vs Evil Dead (or happened in an alternate reality, as implied in Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness).
- Ash vs Evil Dead
- For legal reasons, the events of Army of Darkness could not be mentioned in Ash vs Evil Dead (season 1), although it had been confirmed by cast and crew that the events depicted in "Army" are canon.
- In Season 2 Ash mentions he had once traveled back to medieval times, before attempting to time travel back in time to 1982.
- In Season 3, a flashback is shown taken from Army of Darkness of Ash being sent back in time through the rift, and being found by the knights.
- The blood drawing of Ash in the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis shows Ash standing outside the castle from the movie.
The Following is a list of stories that take place in alternate timelines, isolated from the main canon timeline.
Reboot Timeline Edit
Video Game Timeline 1Edit
These two games follow the main continuity after Army of Darkness, but separates from the continuity eight years after "Army", making Ash vs Evil Dead non-canon in this timeline.
- Evil Dead: Hail To The King (8 years after Army of Darkness ends)
- Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick (3 Years after the last game ends)
Video Game Timeline 2Edit
- Evil Dead Regeneration (Occurs after Evil Dead II instead of Ash going to the past)
Earth-818793 (Original Dynamite Comics Timeline)Edit
- Ashes 2 Ashes
- Tales of Army of Darkness (only the "A Dame, A Dimwit, & Deadites" story is canon to this universe)
- Shop 'Till You Drop Dead
- Army of Darkness Vs Re-Animator
- Old School
- Ash Vs. The Classic Monsters
- The Death of Ash
- Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army of Darkness
- From the Ashes
- The Long Road Home
- Home Sweet Hell
- King For a Day
- Ash's Christmas Horror
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors
- Hellbillies and Deadnecks
- Army of Darkness/Xena: Why Not?
- Xena/Army of Darkness: What, Again?
- Montezuma's Revenge
- Water, Water, Everywhere...
- Ashley J Williams Goes to Europe
- Ash And The League of Light
- Army of Darkness Volume 3
- Army of Darkness Vs. Hack/Slash
- Army of Darkness/Reanimator
- Furious Road
Ash & The Army of Darkness Timeline (Dynamite Comics) Edit
- Ash and the Army of Darkness
- Annual 2014
- Ash Gets Hitched
- Army of Darkness 1992.1 (only the "Return To The Windmill" and "Prelude To Ash In Space" stories in this book are canon to this timeline)
- Ash In Space
Space Goat's Evil Dead 2 Comics Timeline Edit
- Tales of The Ex-Mortis
- Beyond Dead By Dawn
- Revenge of Hitler
- Revenge of Dracula
- Revenge of The Martians
- Revenge of Jack The Ripper
- A Merry Deadite X-Mas
- Cradle of The Damned
- Dark Ones Rising
- Revenge of Evil Ed
Self Contained Timelines (Films, Dark Horse, Dynamite, & Space Goat) Edit
- Within The Woods
- Army of Darkness 1992 Movie Adaptation
- The Evil Dead 2008 Comic
- Convention Invasion
- Ash For President
- Darkman Vs. Army of Darkness
- Ash Saves Obama
- Vampirella/Army of Darkness
- Evil Dead 2: Revenge of Krampus
Other Timelines Edit
- Danger Girl And The Army of Darkness
- Takes place in the Danger Girl Universe established by IDW Comics, not in any of Dynamite's previously established Army of Darkness timelines.
- Poker Night 2
- Although the events of the Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash comic books are mentioned, it is not part of the Earth-818793 continuity.