(From Wikipedia) In fiction, continuity (also called time-scheme) is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer over some period of time. It is relevant to several media.In comic books, continuity has also come to mean a set of contiguous events, sometimes said to be "set in the same universe" (see fictional crossover and fictional universe) or "separate universes" (see inter company crossover).
Continuity regarding The Evil Dead franchise Edit
The Evil Dead franchise have several different timelines, "separate universes", or continuities. The following is a break-down of what content belongs with each continuity.
The Main Continuity (Films/TV) Edit
- The Evil Dead (1981)
- Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn (1987)
- Army of Darkness (1993)
- Ash vs. Evil Dead (2015-Ongoing)
This is the main continuity regarding the Evil Dead story line, the video games, comics, and 2013 reboot have no effect on the story of the three films and television show.
Evil Dead (2013 Reboot) Edit
- Evil Dead (2013)
This film is separate from the original trilogy of films, and its characters and actions have no effect on the main continuity.
These two games follow the main continuity after Army of Darkness, but separates from the continuity eight years after "Army", making Ash vs. Evil Dead non-canon in this timeline.
Evil Dead: Regeneration is it's own video game continuity, separating from the main continuity at the end of Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn, making Army of Darkness taking place immediately after E.D.II non-canon.
- Army of Darkness (1992): Features alternate and deleted scenes from the film, making this it's own separate story after Evil Dead II.
- The Evil Dead (2008) A modern re-imagining of the first film, separating it from The Evil Dead (1981) film and Dark Horse's 1992 Army of Darkness series.
- Volume 1, 2, 3, & 5: All of Dynamite's Army of Darkness comics starting from 2004's Ashes 2 Ashes and (after a brief hiatus) picking up in 2016, takes place in the same continuity, this includes all crossovers published during this time, such as AoD VS. Re-Animator, and Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash. These crossovers implies that this universe is also home to a number of other franchises (or slight variations of them), including:
- Ash and the Army of Darkness (2013-2015): A new continuity starting immediately after Army of Darkness, and includes all AoD comics published since then, starting from Ash and the Army of Darkness (#1-7, Annual 2014), Ash Gets Hitched(#1-4), #1992.1, and Ash In Space(#1-5).
Space Goat Publishing